30 September 2010

Le Plus Grand Defile de Mode du Monde

For one night and for the first time in my life, I played the role of a model...in Paris! Complete with make-up by YSL make-up artists, hair done by stylists of L'Oreal and brief training from catwalk instructors, I walked the red carpet rolled over the streets of Boulevard Hausmann. Thanks to Galeries Lafayette.

The major retailer in the city invited fashionistas from Paris, thru a screening in the web, to experience the model life and walk down the 2-km runway.

C'est cool. But in any given day, I still prefer the designer life. The event, however, gave me a sneak peak of the technicalities of a typical Parisian fashion show . It was like a backstage pass, but with freebies and all.


And let me just emphasize how amazed I am at how organized the event was. Staff were everywhere to accommodate the participants. We were treated like real models and not just ordinary people plucked out from the streets. Logistics was absolutely superb. They even anticipated the rain. When drops started to fall, uber chic transparent umbrellas instantly came to the rescue to save fashion from the menace of the rainy day.

To view the photos of the event, click here.

1 comment:

jona b said...

kewlness! a day of a supermodel. how i wish fashion shows here are just as organized like there abroad... inggit din ako sa loot bag! lol