21 December 2008

Penny Pincher Flight


My original plan was to fly to Paris on January, so that I could at least spend Christmas and New Year here in the Philippines. I also thought that I'll be able to grab a cheap deal if I target that month. However, in my research, I found out that I'll get a better deal if I leave on December. Ticket prices would have doubled by 2009. That's a shock for a cheapskate like me. I opted for an after Christmas flight and picked out Gulf Air. I'm not really much of a fan of Gulf Air, but with my budget, it's the best that I've got.

I've discovered that tickets are usually cheaper if you buy them from travel agencies than if you buy them directly from the airline companies. Of course that's not always true so it's best that you compare prices first before handing out your cash. It's also a whole different story if you're booking online. There are sites like Asiatravel.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Sidestep that let you compare prices and book online. Prices to beat are usually from Gulf Air, Kuwait Airways, Etihad Airways and Malaysia Airlines. I bought my ticket in Pan Pacific Travel, upon the recommendation of a friend. If you happen to be in Makati, it's an agency worth trying.

1 comment:

Minerva said...

Hey my sweet dear Niece

When are you really leaving for Paris?

Good luck and just call/e mail or get in touch if you need anything.

And most of all , be very careful,
You know where to call me if you need help, okay!!!

Tita minie